Consent to process personal information in terms of the Protection of Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA). Last updated on 25 April 2021.
Owner and Responsible Party: Rudd Farms Limited t/a Brookdale Estate
Owner contact email: email@example.com
The Website: www.brookdale-estate.com
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”
Personal Data means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Service is the Website www.brookdale-estate.com and email or other marketing campaigns under the same domain operated by Rudd Farms Limited.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (including information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data).
WE / US / OUR or RUDD FARMS LIMITED.
Rudd Farms Limited (Incorporated in England and Whales) with Registration Number 2015/452583/10
www.brookdale-estate.com, and/or of its pages or architectural components.
We collect the following types of information:
1. DATA WHICH WE MAY COLLECT
You authorise us to collect any of the following Personal Data about you. Where you share Personal Data about others you warrant to us that you are authorised to do so on their behalf:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Company name and details
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies, Usage Data and Device Information
• Brookdale Estate may ask additional questions to ensure that our Website and content we provide is in line with your needs. Each online form will clearly specify which information is required and which is optional by way of asterisks (*).
• Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers email address, date of birth and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
2. TRACKING, COOKIES, WEB BEACONS & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, pixels and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service to you. You can instruct your browser to refuse optional cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Analytics Cookies. We use Analytics Cookies to analyse visitor and user behaviour to improve our Service.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Rudd Farms Limited uses the Personal Data collected for various purposes not limited to the below:
• To fulfil your booking and deliver the services you have asked for including accommodation bookings, restaurant booking and wine orders or to make contact with you or others regarding your travel arrangements.
• To provide and maintain our Service;
• To notify you about changes to our Service;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
• To provide customer support;
• To screen our orders and bookings for potential risk or fraud;
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
• To monitor the usage of our Service;
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
• When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about to contact you with the Brookdale Estate newsletter, announcements, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you (“marketing communications”). You and other Data Subjects may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Rudd Farms Limited will collect Personal Data directly from the Data Subject to whom it relates, except to the extent that:
• The Personal Data is contained in or derived from a public record
• The Data Subject consents to us collecting the Personal Data from another source
• The processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by the Data Subject’s rights
• The processing is in the legitimate interest of the Data Subject or
• We are otherwise authorised to do so in accordance with applicable laws.
Subject to the foregoing restrictions, Rudd Farms Limited may collect Personal Data from, among other things, our Website, in person or telephonic conversations, correspondence (in any form), our social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter), our service providers, agents, representatives, suppliers and/or consultants, from public records and generally when a Data Subject uses and enjoy any of our services or order any products.
Rudd Farms Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Rudd Farms Limited may disclose Personal Data to any of our affiliates, as that term is defined in the Companies Act No 71 of 2008, to our and their employees, to our third party agents, service providers, suppliers and contractors and to any other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationships, but only for the purposes referred to under the heading “USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED”. Rudd Farms Limited may, in addition, disclose a Data Subject’s Personal Data to any third party where such disclosure is necessary:
• To comply with a legal obligation or applicable law
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Rudd Farms Limited
• To protect any of your legitimate interests
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
• To respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should be aware of the fraud practice known as “phishing” which is the illegal gathering of personal information by deception. We will only ask you for your bank or credit card details in the case of a refund and will never ask you for your password or PIN.
Do not share your booking or order details with anyone.
We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible in the event of a security breach affecting your Personal Data and the steps taken to resolve the issue.
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Rudd Farms Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow all users to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data, whether they are located in the EEA or not.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Subjects (including you) have, amongst others, the following data protection rights under the Protection of Personal Information Act:
• The right to request access to their Personal Data;
• The right to request, where necessary, the correction, destruction or deletion of their Personal Data. You may make these requests directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right to request that their Personal Data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object on reasonable grounds relating to their particular situation to our processing of their Personal Data.
• The right to object to the processing of their Personal Data at any time for purposes of direct marketing or in terms of section 69(3)(c) of the Act
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Data subjects also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service. They collect information from you through the use of analytics cookies.
We use MailChimp to send email campaigns and track activity or lack thereof, including opens & clicks. You have the option to temporarily or permanently allow downloading of pictures by setting your preferences accordingly.
SURVEY MONKEY & SURVEY SYSTEMS
We may periodically send out optional surveys and track responses via Survey Monkey or other survey platforms.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility nor any liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child(ren) has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.